Tuesday, January 23, 2007

2006 Recap - Part 4 - Personal Pick ups

Got some great finds this year and some great pick ups, shoes and otherwise. Here's my top 5:

#5 - Air Jordan Retro V White/Emerald Green - Grape Ice















Ever since I've been into sneakers I've wanted a pair of Grape V's. I missed a few OG pairs on ebay for cheap back in 03-04 when I had no cash and I was beating myself over them for a long time. Then when they retroed them it was a must purchase for me. Not disappointed one bit. One of my 3 pairs of grails.

#4 - Beat Street on VHS



















Big pick up this year. Found Beat Street in the original package for $5 at Recordland this year. One of the first hip-hop movies showing all the 4 elements in it's birth and glory. DJ Kool Herc and Afrikata Bambata, how can it go wrong?


#3 - Delirious - Eddie Murphy on VHS




















One of the best stand-ups of all time, hands down! Eddie Murphy in his hay day in a full red leather suit on stage for an hour and a half. You'll never forget the G.I. Joe in the ass joke or the Ice Cream Man for that matter. Found this one at Value Village in the 1986 gold package for a low low price of $2.

#2 - Nike Dunk Low SB - Day of the Deads














The Source got hooked up on these this year. The first Canada exclusive shoe that people were going nuts for all over. There were 1000 pairs made split between Canada and Mexico. I happened to get my hands on 3 pairs for $175 each, sold one for $500, traded one for a pair of purple patent avengers and kept one to wear. One of my friends got 4 pairs and sold them all for a combined $1550, and one of my buddies traded his pair away for a pair of Calis ... and that brings me to my #1 pick up of the year!!

#1 - Nike Dunk Low SB - Calis















My ultimate grail of all Nike SB shoes was finally within grasp when one of my friends got a pair in a trade over ISS for a pair of day of the deads. I got them in my possession after i traded him a pair of de la soul lows and stealth 20s and couldn't be happier! I know I got them for a good deal but we're boys like that. With this shoe I am only one grail away from achieving all 3 of my grails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home